Last Revised: May 9, 2019
HydroHoist is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using a Website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Policy.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including physical address, email address and phone number
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- Information about your boat, dock, or other equipment you may provide (including photographs), for example when requesting a quote or reporting a concern
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details about your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses a Website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Websites. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See “Tracking” below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on a Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable customers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver better and more personalized services to you.
How we collect this information
We collect information in different ways:
- Directly from you, when you provide it to us
- Automatically as you reach and navigate through a Website, for example through cookies (as defined below)
- From third parties, including our business partners and other parties we interact with
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For our Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you using the email, phone, fax or mail contact information you have provided to us.
- To customize the Websites according to your interests.
- To provide your information to partners for marketing and/or promotional purposes.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide through them
- We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect and secure the information we collect online.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Websites in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Websites.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Tracking” below.
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a Website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and may exercise the opt-out provided by Google by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout, or you can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser. For additional information please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps,” located here.
If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can also opt out using the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Children under the age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on or through the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Websites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Links to other websites
Our Websites may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our Websites, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 915 W. Blue Starr Drive, Claremore, OK 74017
Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents
California law requires that we provide you with a summary of your privacy rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act and the “Shine the Light” law (the “Acts”). As required by the Acts, we will provide you with the categories of personally identifiable information that we collect through our Websites and the categories of third-party persons or entities with whom such personally identifiable information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at your request. California law requires us to inform you, at your request: (1) the categories of personally identifiable information we collect and what third parties, we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The Acts further require us to allow you to control who we can and cannot share that information with. To obtain this information, please send a request by email. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, and what personally identifiable information you do not want us to share with third parties. The request should be emailed to us at [e-mail address] and labeled “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personally identifiable information or requesting this notice.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.